- All Ph.D. tuition and fees will be paid to the UK Universities by the program from centrally collected funds or scholarships awarded to the students.
- The NIH PI's lab is responsible for the student's stipend, health insurance and travel beginning October 1st of the students' first year of Ph.D. Training. Each institute, per the agreement of the Scientific Directors, agree to pay the student tuition. Please contact Matt Vogt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Katie Soucy (email@example.com) should you have any questions regarding these costs.
- Some NIH Institutes do pass on some of the centrally collected funds for tuition and fees to the NIH PI's lab. Please check with your IC training director about your Institute's policy.
- For recipients of outside scholarships such as the Rhodes, Marshall, and Gates Cambridge, student costs while the student is in the UK (typically the first two years of training) are covered by the supporting organization.
- Students should be appointed as special volunteers or guest researchers while supported by outside organizations.
For M.D./Ph.D. students, costs during the medical school phase of training are covered by the program, extramural training funds, or the students themselves. The PI is responsible for picking up the student as a pre-doctoral IRTA in July or August after the second year of medical school. Students should be appointed as special volunteers or guest researchers during the medical school phase of training.